With the recent updates with items for League of Legends, I have come up with a new build for Teemo. It’s a hybrid AD and AP damage build. In my country, most people build Teemo as a pure AP damage hero but/and leaves him very vulnerable to damage. This build aims to change that: a Teemo build people don’t expect—a heavy damage pusher/attacker build.
If you have read my blog, you’ll know that I have made a Teemo guide previously. I’ll only cover the item build here, so if you haven’t already, go check it out. And if you still want to pursue the CDR path, know that Nashor’s Tooth and Zeke’s Herald now both have 20% cooldown reduction, so you’ll be able to max your CDR by buying those two.
Okay, now on to the build. As a side laner, take Doran’s Blade as a starting item. We can’t take an Vampiric Scepter now that its price has increased. Next would be Vampiric Scepter and the boots of your choice, while slowly building Nashor’s Tooth. I personally prefer Boots of Swiftness for movement speed. For normal users, Berserker’s Greaves might be enough. For extreme enemy base jungling and ganking and supporting, Boots of Mobility. Remember that movement speed is survivability for Teemo, and it goes well with his W. From here, try building Blade of the Ruined King (for hybrid damage) or Statikk Shiv (for movement speed, crit, gold and pushing power). Once you get Blade, you can now focus on more attack speed items or situational items. Such as Runaan’s Hurricane. Well, there are rumors that Shiv is boosted by this item because attacks made by it are counted as stacks. Combine them with Blade… and you’ve got the “tons of damage”ing trio.
For boots upgrade, get Furor. Great for chasing and general getting away from fights.
Now for some situationals:
- Liandry’s Torment
- For when you have a legendary streak and you want to troll your enemies. Or if you have a very tanky enemy. Note: If you slow the enemy (e.g. with Blade) you’ll deal more damage with this item.
- Zeke’s Herald
- If you want to max out your CDR you can still do that with this item. Plus you get health and lifesteal, in other words, Teemo’s much needed survivability.
- Spirit of the Ancient Golem
- Health and Tenacity. Again, for Teemo’s survivability. Great for scouting the enemy camps, right?
- Guardian Angel
- Just to be sure, right? [Haven’t tried this yet?]
- Elixir of Brilliance
- This build is really cheap, right?
- The Bloodthirster
- If you’re more of the attack damage type.
- Blackfire Torch
- If you don’t like Zeke’s Herald.
- Rabaddon’s Deathcap / Mejai’s Soulstealer
- Really not required, you can get better off with Liandry and leaving these items to your AP teammates (you do have one, right?) [Haven’t tried these yet]
- Rylai’s Crystal Scepter / Phage / Frozen Mallet
- Really not required, you already have an active slow with Cutlass/Blade [Haven’t tried these yet-well for that reason. Although I’m a bad active item user.]
- Runic Bulwark
- Standard item for tankiness. Might be useful if you die too often.
- For more attack speed. Plus Tenacity, cooldown reduction and, oh, movement speed.
- Lich Bane
- Again, movement speed. Plus crits?
(Not necessarily in this order but you get the idea)
Doran’s Blade > Boots of Speed > Vampiric Scepter > Boots of Swiftness > Stinger > Nashor’s Tooth > Furor upgrade > Bilgewater Cutlass > Avarice Blade > Blade of the Ruined King > Statikk Shiv > Runaan’s Hurricane > Liandry’s Torment > Spirit of the Ancient Golem > Elixir of Brilliance > Elixir of Fortitude > Oracle’s Elixir