Definitely Not Dominion is a new game mode in League of Legends based on Dominion. In this guide, I’ll lay out what you have to do in order to win this mode. I’ll assume prior knowledge with Dominion, so bear with me.
The Crystal Scar in this map has been changed. The starting points are the same as in Dominion, but the Quarry and the Boneyard capture points have been replaced by fountain-style towers that cannot be captured by the opponent. The bottom path between the Quarry and the Boneyard has been closed off, as well as nearby paths, up until the center of the map. The path that minions take is now linear, around the top of the map. There are more, but I’ll discuss these later.
There are three main points to know about this mode, but I have split them according to importance:
There are three primary objectives in this mode.
- Capture and defend the Windmill. The Windmill is now the farthest location between the two teams’ starting points. There are three capture points, namely the Refinery, the Windmill, and the Drill. Because of its position, the Windmill is now more crucial than ever to hold.
- Capture the crystal relic. Crystal relics spawn in a location above the enemy’s base (Quarry/Boneyard) or “fountain” point. When captured, your base will spawn an ultra minion, which quickly captures points, is tanky, and deals a lot of damage. Try to capture the crystal relic when the enemy’s not looking: the crystal relic’s location is pretty dangerous.
- Capture the storm altar. The center area of the map has been replaced with a storm altar. You capture the storm altar by standing on it, and not taking damage within it for a few seconds. When captured, it will give your team a buff with 3 stacks that deals pure damage to your enemies whenever you damage them.
Capturing the storm altar won’t give points to your nexus, but it’ll definitely make killing your enemies easier.
- Capture the Refinery/Drill. You definitely need to capture the capture point closest to your base, but watch out for backdoors. Backdooring in this manner won’t do much though, capturing an ultra minion would be better.
- Kill opponents. Killing an opponent will shave a couple of points from their nexus.
- Defend the crystal relic near your base.
- Lane. Laning is not that important, but clearing minion waves can be something.
Champions to pick (and ban)
- Shaco – Shaco is the most annoying champion to deal with in DND. Make sure to ban this champion, otherwise be prepared to counter him.
- W – Box can be used both as an escape and defense mechanism.
- Q – Nope. He’s gone.
- R – Noxious Trap can be placed wisely in choke points and to defend the crystal relic.
- Singed – Singed shines bright in DND thanks to his smoke.
- Q – Singed’s Q can make following him pretty annoying.
- Ghost – Ghost is very good on Singed and multiplies his degree of being annoying.
- W – Nidalee can be pretty hard to chase.
- Q – Nidalee’s long-range spears can disrupt capturing.
- Q – Heimerdinger can pretty much defend any spot with some turrets.
- RQ – Unleashing the super turret can be the ultimate defense your team needs.
- Passive – Evelynn can pretty much capture the crystal relic any time she wants.
- R – Quinn can quickly switch between objectives with her R. Because of her carry nature though, she’s not that viable.
Champions with global or near-global range abilities can always interrupt captures.
- Twisted Fate
- Aurelion Sol
- Zyra – Good defense
Items to get
- Crystal of Aeons – must-have for some mages.
- Liandry’s Torment – the DoT can buy some time into preventing enemy captures.
- Lightbringer and Arcane Sweeper – again a must-have for enemies with stealth and stealth wards such as Shaco, Teemo and Twitch.
So I’ll pretend to be a freak dev and post an announcement.
So I’ve rolled back the Lyrics to an earlier working state. It should show I’m Ready as the latest song. Meanwhile, I’m pushing the latest version to kirolyrics-staging.herokuapp.com. It has the latest update which is the addition of Guren. (It’s my first time doing so though. Yeah, I’m a bad dev. NB: If you’re a potential employer looking at this post, don’t worry, I won’t ever do this on your website.)
So some programming stuff before I go.
I’ve actually read about npm the registry’s Registry 2 yesterday. I think I’ll use that to deploy my first hobby project. If it releases when I’m done. If not, I can just publish to npm. It’s not as if I’m hiding anything anyway. I just slightly don’t want my potential modules to appear on a public list.
Internet is back! Yay!
July 16, 2014
I was so pissed off at my boss trying to make me work from 10 in the morning. Heck no.
I played another ranked game at LoL and I was finally seeded to Silver II. Which is fine, I guess. Let’s play more ranked games next season.
Then, I proceeded on converting more of node-rainet to CoffeeScript. Then it hit me. I was trying to check types too much. What if I just used TypeScript? Yeah, I know, it was made by Microsoft and stuff but what if I tried? So that’s my intention now, only thing is I don’t have Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 installed yet. I’m working on that.
Then it came and it went.
A storm and electricity.
There is no electricity.
I tried to wander about from about 4 am trying to do nothing. I finally went to sleep at about 7 or 8 am. My sleep was so good I woke up naturally at about 14:30.
I have nothing to do.
This is so boring.
I am writing this now at 20:23. And obviously I wouldn’t be able to post this unless the electricity comes back.
Ugh. I’m so lost. I don’t know where it’s putting my data. Plus now that I have hundreds of pages it’s really slow. Maybe they we’re right. Maybe we should cease using Backbone.
This morning we went to church and went to see Rio 2.
We had a family bonding as we ate in a Japanese restaurant and had a go at an effects show. And grocery. (You don’t understand–I get more things my way when I go to the grocery.)
When we got back home I did my second hobby project again, summarized by the first pararaph. I also had some LoL and South Park.
Vacation days. Always boring, especially when you’ve run out of creative juice and there are two more of these coming.
That’s what I was at the beginning of the day. Thankfully it didn’t last all day.
So there we go, one Japanese language post. More to go.
I’ve added a few more songs and improvements for my second hobby project. I’m thinking that adding improvements to it would divide my time putting actual content to it. Hence, the improvements: I could only work on them if I have an awful lot of time. And I don’t have much of that these days.
I haven’t touched on my first hobby project, haven’t I? It’s really getting tedious working with Polymer; the future can’t come quickly enough. If I want it done now, maybe I’m doing it the Wrong Way™? I mentioned that, but I really haven’t touched it yet. Dammit. I guess I’ll hold on my second hobby project for a while, finish core features and complete the lyrics move.
Also, LoL and YouTube. I also finished the movie I started to watch earlier and watched some anime.
Oops. I need to blog before I play with myself.
I thought we ran out of tasks. There are more. Still, cloning the site took much of my time… time spent on 2548.
I had another unjustified misfit. I guess the stress built up on me again. But what bugs me more is they don’t care anymore.
I tried to play LoL but only once because of my download.
Shameless plug, I translated Sympathy by SID. I don’t think I’ve pushed it yet though.
So needless to say, I worked on my second hobby project, adding a few minor feature.
I also tried to watch YouTube.
I played a few Warcraft 3 games too.
And finally I managed to play a round of Taptiles. I haven’t played this since last year!
Yesterday, I left my laptop open for some downloads, including Windows 8.1.
One of my tasks was suspended while I finished the other one.
I played a few ARAM games. Last time playing Teemo was really fun and I really had wishes it would happen again. And guess what? I got two chances to play Teemo today! One was random and the other one was swapped with Lissandra. I didn’t win the first one but I won in the second one. Regardless, it was so much fun dealing tons of damage and rushing Morellonomicon.
I did some work on my second hobby project and finally (!) pushed to Heroku. I’m now programming IntenseDebate integration though I’m having problems with the strict standards associated with Facebook integration.
I did a small catch-up of Nisekoi.
Also, Dramatical Murder anime WTF!
Okay, what else do I need to do before I sleep?
Oh, I have to blog!
I worked with my two tasks again. My internet cut off halfway though. Right when my boss is chatting with me!
I experienced better-than-yesterday internet as I played the usual League of Legends. I played Coop vs. AI as Jinx and surprisingly, the Morgana who laned with me was cooperative. Eventually I got a pentakill and no one commented. I perceived that positively as that situation was rare, they’d usually badmouth me or something.
I played rather nicely today as Quinn and Valor in ARAM.
I also played in ARAM as Yasuo. Preventing Cait’s ult from hitting a teammate just in time gave me a bit of satisfaction.
I managed to watch YouTube while programming my second hobby project (Sorry, no pushes today. But I added numeral ruby support.) and then while playing variants of 2048.
I continued with my two tasks. Though admittedly, I didn’t have most time on them as internet got cut off and I was doing a system restore.
I was not able to do a restore because EASEUS Todo Backup does not yet support restoring to a GTP disk. I’ll check if I can make my own bootable build.
I installed a bunch of things and downloaded some portable apps so I can work later.